Monday, February 3, 2014

Wow. That was Kinda Super...

What a day... Super Bowl Sunday!  Almost a holiday of it's own.

I actually think it's gotten to the point where we need the day after off so we can recover from staying up late, partying and the commercials. I mean, a dunk guy was standing on the side walk in front of my house trying to use his phone at 4 in the morning. I wasn't sure if I should call the cops or an ambulance.

I was awake at 4 in the morning because I thought I heard the announcers say that Seattle had intercepted Manning again and scored another touchdown.

Digression; when the Patriots rack up a 30 point lead they say it's excessive and they are mean but it's just football when every one else does it...

And, of course, the commercials...

Not so much in the racey, raunchy, sexy department this year.

But our sense of humor was gone too.

Except for M&M's and beer.  And soda stream.

Y'know, the company in trouble for having a factory on land they currently control.  I'm sorry; occupy.  How dare they build a factory and create jobs in a war torn country...

A lot of car ads.  One of which I thought was going to be for a cool new Sci-fi movie and the other I thought was going to be a salute for the veterans.

Bruce Willis did an excellent job though.

And those were the biggest goose bumps I've had in quite a while from the National Anthem.

And Bruno Mars saluted the troops, made everyone feel good, and sang the New Denver Broncos theme song...

Giveitaway, giveitaway now...

The biggest problem people seem to have is 'America' being sung in a different language...

Did you know that English will no longer be the majority spoken language in 5 - 10 years?

Did you ever stop to think that English wasn't the original language spoken by the Americans?

Giveitaway, Giveitaway, giveitaway now...

All in all, aside from not really wanting either team to win, it was an enjoyable Super Bowl.  I didn't have to stress about MY team, as if I play for them, winning or doing stupid things like giving the other team a Safety, Tom Brady did that a couple years ago. I didn't wince to much except for the yogurt ads.  And I found the entire thing semi-cerebral.

I geuss I don't want my team making it next year either...

And my son is now a Seahawks fan...

LOL
HAND!!

No comments:

Post a Comment