Tuesday, April 10, 2012

And then...Vacation!

Well, that vacation lasted awhile....

It seems, when you go on vacation for a week, it takes up more than a week.  It's like dropping a marble into a glass of water.  It's like time displacement.  All the time you spend planning any vacation events and packing, if you can afford to go anywhere, and making sure you're caught up at work and other people who have work that is dependent on you get caught up or prepare for you not to be at work...

And then you've got to travel...

If you go anywhere...

OR... you might have a project that you've been meaning to work on and this vacation at home will be the perfect time to get that done...

To make a long story short, after two weeks of preparing at work for my vacation and preparing for a 3 day trip to Splash Lagoon in Erie, PA...

I only got half the detritus from beneath the deck cleaned out,

I'm still not caught up on Alcatraz or Castle,

the lawn still needs mowing,

I didn't make it over to my parents to help around their house (Now I have guilt),

I still have beer,

I forgot to assign a reset at work due the day after Easter,

Splash Lagoon was great!!

Which leads me to wonder,

Why do we only give ourselves one day to unpack?

HAND!!

1 comment: