Friday, November 16, 2012

Oops! Been a While...

Almost a month has gone by since i last blogged. Weird word that.  Imagine saying that to someone 50 years ago and they would probably have thought you had gotten sick, or drunk.

Life is busy. Stuff to do.  I try to reshuffle things so I am doing more of the stuff that I want to or should do.  Re-prioritizing, I geuss.

So, I'm the cub scout pack leader for my son's pack of wolf scouts.  Most of my Monday nights are taken up with meetings and Saturday Mornings are taken up by special events.  Jake loves it and I enjoy spending the time with him.

Now I have to find a way to spend regular time with Emily.  First i need to hide her phone, computer, and tv.  Then keep her away from her friends.  That doesn't seem right.

Working on the walls of the bathroom. All of the old wall paper and glue is gone but the Dif we used to take it off has left a residue like a blue Slimer has gone beserk in there.

Slimer.  The green globby ghost from Ghostbusters.  The first one...

I have almost all the baseboards in place in the kitchen.  It may not be the most professional looking job in the world but I did it myself and it was the first time I have done something like that. It looks pretty good to me.  And I enjoy playing with Great Stuff and Liquid Nails...

Now if I could only pry this scraper out of my hands.

The trampoline is down for the winter.  That was kinda like my brother shutting down his pool except I don't use it myself, I don't sit near it sipping Reisling, and it was far easier to take it apart than put it together.  I've always had a knack for breaking stuff down.  Ask anyone.  The only mishap was I pulled off one of the aglets on the rope that goes around the outside.

If you don't know what an aglet is look it up.

That actually was one of those mixed blessing things.  It was taking the longest to 'unweave' the rope from all the loops and such because the aglet would catch on the edges and have to be guided through every single one.  These loops exist on the enclosure, the base covering, and the frame; all around the perimeter.  Therer are alot of them.

When the aglet popped off, and I couldn't slip it back on.  Silly thought, I know.  I realized that now I could pull the rope through three loops at a time!  And next year, I will ue the end with the aglet to thread the rope through.

The deck is cleared off for winter.  It is still full of happy memories of making kabobs for visiting family or just sitting around the porch fireplace as the night sky deepened to just stars and planes.

I'm glad i took the trampoline down before I accidentally glued the paint scrapper in my hand with Great Stuff!

HAND!

No comments:

Post a Comment