Thursday, December 20, 2012

To Improve Your Shopping Experience...

Please engage your brain...

Sometimes I wonder what people are thinking or how their houses look by what they do in stores...

I try to see things from their point of view but sometimes, it's so hard...

A woman came in and reported that she injured herself in our store the previous day.  She tripped over the cart her husband was pushing...

The inevitable people who back into our cart machines from a parking space and call the police.  Imagine their surprise when they get ticketted for unsafe backing...

The people who treat the clothing area like a yard sale.  Why can't you just refold the clothing instead of leaving an Autumnal pile?

There are people who are upset right now because we stopped carrying the pumpkin bread mix after Thanksgiving...
And the ones who are looking for that item that had a really good price on it.  How can we be sold out?  We had a pallet of them last week.  The item was low priced because it was on clearance to get rid of the rest of it.  The price drop did it's job.

Some people won't think this one is funny but this has to do with my sense of humor.  A gentleman wouldn't buy something the other day because it was made in Mexico.  He only buys American...

If you didn't get the joke, it's okay.

I informed him that it was made in America.  He said 'no, it was made in Mexico."

He paused and glared at me.  "You know what I mean.  Central America."

I apologized for the inconvenience and tried to end the conversation politely but quickly.  It's frowned upon to laugh at customers.

Yes, I get the idea.  I don't do it to be mean.  And there is really nothing I can do.  It's like the guy who tells me he's never going to shop in my store again...every week... for the past 3 years.

I knowit can be a frustrating time of the year and money is tight.  Our expectations have been set too high.  We seem to be like Dudley from Harry Potter, counting the number of gifts this year and comparing them to last year.

My family gets annoyed with me every year because I don't know what I want for Christmas.  I've already got all I want and none of it can be bought with money...

Ok, the roof over my head and the food and the car are nice but I don't really need a new game or some of the other stuff.  I haven't watched all the DVDs I got last year yet...

At least we're allowed to say Merry Christmas this year.  I said it last year too.  I call it freedom of speech...

HAND!

1 comment:

  1. Unsafe backing? You mean if I back into a stationary object that it is my fault?

    Duh!

    ReplyDelete