Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A NOOK in life...

I had to reset my wife's Nook this morning.  Kinda one of those favorite situation things where there is a problem with the device and trying to uncover a solution may involve using the broken device.  Like call customer service if you have trouble with your phone...

So I got out my Nook and looked their trouble shooting guide which just had the soft boot and didn't work...

So I got on line, thinking about checking my Blog as i got on but first things first, and got the hard boot instructions.  The Nook seems to be recovering and is changing pace instead of just idling on the start up screen or trapped in what it was doing...

Probably an infinite loop type thing.  A nefarious computer problem which can spring up at any time where a series of decisions and options, or just pushing too many buttons as my son finds out too often, causes the program to go through the same motions continuously.  You can see people doing this in the junk food aisle of the grocery store as well.

It's also a time travel problem which never seems to be explored in most fiction:

I'm going to go into the past to change something horrible that happened, like Chuck being cancelled by NBC, and succeed.  But then I have no reason to go back into the past to convince them to not cancel Chuck so it gets cancelled so then I go back in time to keep them from....

Nook still resetting.  I may have not solved the problem.  At least I tried...

The point, because, interestingly, this all has something to do with what I was planning to bring to your attention.

Cuz, I love that contraction, sometimes life seems to be caught in an unfulfilling infinite loop of work, eating, sleeping... or worse.  I know someone who's daily infinite loop includes drinking a six pack of beer before bed to help them unwind and sleep.

So it's time for a reset.  Study what you want to be doing, thinking, living, and try to make sure what you are putting in your head and heart is what you want to have coming out of your life, mouth, you...

If you spend your night, after work, watching the News and listening to all the horrible stuff thats going on, you're going to get depressed...

And a big impact can also be made in the morning.  What you do in the morning.  I used to get up with just enough time to shower, shave, and rush out the door.  No breakfast.  Swing by McD's for coffee on the way...

No wonder I was in a tense, bad mood most of the day...

So I took some advise from Chip Ingram and started to read the Bible every morning, got up a little earlier to get a couple chapters in.  I also use my Nook to read the Bible while riding in the car or sitting on the commode...

I have a little Bible in my glove compartment which I read a little of during my lunchbreak.  I feel more refreshed and in touch and I'm being kinder and nicer...

So if you want to keep being grumpy, keep your News IV going...

Or start reading a crafting magazine in the bathroom if you want to do more crafting,

Watch more cooking shows if you want to learn more about cooking...

Etc,

HAND!!

1 comment:

  1. One other thought--don't listen to talk radio in the car--they are always running something into the ground just to make themselves feel better.

    ReplyDelete